File Video "Unable to Connect"

File Video "Unable to Connect"

by Christian Herman -
Number of replies: 1

Moodle 2.4+ (Build: 20121230), from Windows Complete Installer (beta environment while production server is being built)

I have a number of Flash/HTML5 packages uploaded as file resources.  Each package is zipped for upload, unzipped in Moodle, and one of the HTML files is assigned as main.  I have 7 or 8 up but yesterday one of them stopped working.  When I click on the resource, the Flash player opens and readies to play.  When I click play, after a moment the player displays: "We are unable to connect to the content you've requested. We apologize for the inconvenience."  Packages I uploaded before and after this one play just fine.  The source files play offline just fine, using the same main file and web browser.  I have tried the following remedies to no avail:

Play with editing on/off, delete resource and reupload, rezip and reupload, different section, deleted and recreate course from scratch, different positions in new course, and several cache purges along the way.

Any ideas out there?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christian Herman

Re: File Video "Unable to Connect"

by Christian Herman -

Clarification: IE loads the Flash player but does not play. FF hangs, waiting for a reply.  I have also now saved the original source files with new names  published (Camtasia 8) with a new name, no dice.  So it's not some designation within Moodle that's killing it.  There seems to be something about the makeup of this particular video that Moodle or Apache doesn't like once uploaded.