Need students to download form, complete, and upload without seeing others' responses.

Need students to download form, complete, and upload without seeing others' responses.

by Jenna Lowe -
Number of replies: 2

And I'm hoping to have it all on one page, if possible.

Basically, I need students to download a file (a calendar), complete the calendar, and upload their completed version so that I can see it, without other students seeing it.  The calendar isn't for grading, but the 'Assignment' activity seems to be the best suited for my purpose.

I guess my main question is, how do I remove or edit the Submission Status table at the bottom of the Assignment page?  And, how do I add a file for download to this page?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jenna Lowe

Re: Need students to download form, complete, and upload without seeing others' responses.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Jenna,

Do use the assignment activity, and have:

• A separate resource which you then link the URL of in the description.
  • Set 'Grade' to 'No grade' such that the submission status says 'Not graded'.

Cheers,

Gareth

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jenna Lowe

Re: Need students to download form, complete, and upload without seeing others' responses.

by Paula Clough -

Jenna,

You can also build the link into the directions for the assignment in the description window in the settings page for the assignment.  Type your text for the link, highlight, click on the chain link in the html window and click on the icon at the end of the link URL window.  That will take you to the file picker where you can find the file and upload it.  The description will show up on the student's page when they students go to the assignment.  They can download it from there.

Paula cool

Attachment descript assignment.png
Average of ratings: Useful (2)