Ideas needed for improving the glossary settings page

Ideas needed for improving the glossary settings page

by Helen Foster -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Dear Glossary users,

Coming soon in Moodle 2.5 are forms with collapsible sections. (If you'd like to check out how they work, please visit the QA testing site.)

We're currently going through all the activity settings pages, trying to reorganise the settings into sections which make the most of  this new functionality.

Please find attached a screenshot of Fred's suggested glossary settings page reorganisation (MDL-38599), with two new sections, 'Entries' and 'Appearance'. It would be great if you could let us know what you think of it, and whether you have any further suggestions for improvement, or ideas for alternative ways of reorganising the settings.

Attachment bonfire-screenshot-20130325-153641-591.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Ideas needed for improving the glossary settings page

by Paula Clough -

I like it. Makes sense. I like breaking these into separate parts.  I think it will be a little easier for new users to deal with one concept in a section.

I do wish there were groups and groupings in this module. It's one of the few without it. 

Paula Clough  cool

In reply to Paula Clough

Re: Ideas needed for improving the glossary settings page

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks Joseph and Paula for your feedback. You'll be pleased to hear that Fred's suggested glossary settings page reorganisation has been implemented in Moodle 2.5.