Issues with bulk upload to a specific course

Issues with bulk upload to a specific course

by Leo Gregorc -
Number of replies: 3

Hello all,

I would like some help on this issue please.  I am using moodle 2.4.2 ( i believe) and i just uploaded a bulk list of users to the site, without any issues or errors. There was one small glitch however..

I specified for the users to be enrolled in a course, but when i went into the course they were not listed.

Here is an example the .csv headings i used for the upload.  I used the short name for the course.

username    password   firstname   lastname   email                course1   type1

teststudent Password   Test            Student      test@me.com   Mahara   student

Any suggestions why this did not work.  It seems simple enough.

thanks in advance

Leo

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leo Gregorc

Re: Issues with bulk upload to a specific course

by ben reynolds -

I know this sounds easy & obvious, but are you certain the spelling and capitalization of the short name exactly matches the actual short name?

Oh, but you should have had a failure. You don't use "student" in "type 1." You use a number corresponding to the role. Put a 1 in the column, and see what happens.

In reply to ben reynolds

by Leo Gregorc -

Thanks Ben,

i did check this (name of short course).  It is my understanding that i could use the two interchangeably.  I will give it a go again and see whathappens thanks 

just gave it a go and still no luck.  I will get them to use an enrollment key this time, but would love to get this right

cheers

leo

In reply to Leo Gregorc

by ben reynolds -

OK, this is interesting.

I made a csv with the two lines in your original post.

username,password,firstname,lastname,email,course1,type1
teststudent,Password,Test,Student,test@me.com,RUL1-131A,student

As you can see, all I've done is added commas in place of your spaces and changed the short course name.

The user was successfully added with no errors. The user does not show up in the course!

The user does show up when I browse a list of all users. Clicking on the profile shows that the user is not enrolled in a course.

If I use "login as" to become the user, I am not enrolled in any courses.

I wonder if "test" is some kind of prohibited word.

Here are the fields I used to successfuly upload a bunch of students into the same course.

username,password,firstname,lastname,email,idnumber,city,country,course1,type1