Moodle 1.9 Quiz links to Wikipedia

Moodle 1.9 Quiz links to Wikipedia

by Tomi Swanson -
Number of replies: 3

I am currently using Moodle 1.9.  I have made a vocabulary quiz in Moodle, however some of the words in the question link to the Wikipedia definition of the linked word.  Ex.  "The use of computing resources...." and the word computing automatically hyperlinks to the Wikipedia entry for Computing.

Help please!  This defeats the purpose of the quiz.

Thanks!

Tomi

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tomi Swanson

Re: Moodle 1.9 Quiz links to Wikipedia

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In reply to Marcus Green

by Tomi Swanson -

The only active filter is the Multimedia plugins.  Do I need to disable this filter?  Since Wikipedia isn't multimedia, I don't see how it is related.  Am I missing something?

Thank you for trying to help me.

Tomi

In reply to Tomi Swanson

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Something must be making the links to wikipedia, and it is not the Moodle quiz, or any other part of Moodle (since you only have the Multimedia plugin enable).

Is it possible that you have some browser add-on installed that automatically make links to wikipedia? Try another browser or another computer.

What happens when you edit the question? Can you see the link to wikipedia then?