Matching Question, version 1.9.19

Matching Question, version 1.9.19

by Caryl Gordon -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

I would like for students to see what they got right and wrong in a Matching question.

In the Quiz settings, the 'Responses' check box is selected for 'Immediately after the attempt' and 'Later, while the quiz is still open.'

Students can see their correct/incorrect responses for Multiple choice questions but not for Matching.

Is there a way to show correct/incorrect responses for Matching. Students can see the grade for the question, but have no idea which pair is incorrect.

Thanks,
Caryl Gordon
UNC Charlotte

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Caryl Gordon

Re: Matching Question, version 1.9.19

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Caryl,

1.- In your Quiz settings, have you set Adaptive mode to Yes?

screenshot #1

2.- When do you want the students to see whether their responses are correct/incorrect:

• When they are doing the quiz
  • or at the end of the quiz, after they have submitted it?

Joseph

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Caryl Gordon -

Thanks Joseph! We want students to see whehter or not responses are correct at the end of the quiz, after submission. I know that Adaptive mode lets students know right away. So, that is not an option for us.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again,

Caryl

In reply to Caryl Gordon

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Are you not seeing this on the students' review of attempt page?

If you are not using standard theme, try switching to standard theme to see if there is any difference.

Please post a screenshot of the Review of attempt so we can compare with this "normal" one below.

Joseph

screenshot #1

by Caryl Gordon -

Thank you so much for the screen shot. Instructors see that, but students see the following. So given a second attempt, they have no idea which one of the matching he/she chose incorrectly.

Thanks,

Caryl Gordon

In reply to Caryl Gordon

by Joseph Rézeau -

Caryl,

Is this actually a screenshot taken from a student screen after students have submitted their quiz, on the "Review of attempt" screen, as per my previous post? My screenshot was taken on a student login, and I see no reason why you are not getting any feedback there.

Here are my quiz settings Review options (all options are checked).

screenshot #1

by Caryl Gordon -

Ok, got it. I had to select the 'Feedback' option. I do not use the General or Overall feedback in the quiz.

Thanks, you ROCK Joseph!

Caryl