Help with estimating amount of work

Help with estimating amount of work

by maya bozi -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I am completly new to Moodle (never done anything related to it), I am a developer and do know HTML, css, JAVASCRIPT etc. I need to provide a time estimation for completing a project of creating an online course in Moodle.

The known facts are:

1) Need to create an online book in Moodle, the book contains 60 pages

2) Need to use Moodle built in functionality

tHANKS,

Maya

Average of ratings: -
In reply to maya bozi

Re: Help with estimating amount of work

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Moodle has a book module you can use without significant html/css/javascript

But as far as a time estimate for the project, I would say it would depend on how much and what kind of content you are putting on each of the 60 pages - without knowing that, its almost impossible to give you a time estimation for the project.

A page of a moodle book could take 5mins for a simple text content to just about however long you want to spend on it! Multiply that by 60 and its impossible to estimate the project without knowing more detail.

In reply to maya bozi

Re: Help with estimating amount of work

by Danny Wahl -

I did it in like 20 minutes with a PDF -> export to jpgs -> load jpg into each page.

Sounds dumb I know, but!, It was a graphic novel text and the teacher wanted deep linking when referring to it in forum discussion ;) e.g. "on page 3 [link]".  If it had been text I would have copied and pasted.

Anyways, the true time commitment will be: 1) does the content of the book exist (i.e. are you writing a book or copying one) 2) how much formatting do you need/want.  The framework in Moodle is fast and easy.