module.js file

module.js file

by Kiran Sonawane -
Number of replies: 11

Hi,

Use moodle 2.4

In  module.js file contains the resizing of window code will be set.but where this file will call.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kiran Sonawane

Re: module.js file

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Kiran,
module.js is part of the Moodle Javascript Framework: you can read about it e.g. in http://docs.moodle.org/dev/How_to_create_a_YUI_3_module.

In the SCORM module everything start from here: https://github.com/moodle/moodle/blob/master/mod/scorm/player.php#L284. Whenever you load/refresh mod/scorm/player.php from your browser, M.mod_scorm.init() will be called and things will be registered (e.g. to be fired on events) and/or executed.

HTH,
Matteo

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by Kiran Sonawane -

ok,thanks Matteo,

Plz help me in SCORM pakage, When SCORM pkg runs then that scorm pkg window automatically resize means scome pkg width & height automatically fit with available size of window..this work said my boss.this scorm pkg runs that time my scorm pkg running window scollbar is there.not cut scorme pkg contains.I m very try but not success.not understand the code of that.

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Kiran,
if you can share your package (even a sample of the real one, just what needed to present the issue) I could, spare time permitted, try by myself (using FF or Chrome) to better understand what you're trying to do/solve.
It seems to me that your package tries to resize itself by its own, regardless what Moodle does when presenting the <iframe/> window for the content.

Matteo

by Kiran Sonawane -

Hii,

I use moodle 2.4.1 & scorm pkg 1.2,see the following img..that contains scorm pkg run..when we add the scorm pkg for any size it can display on fixed size.for giving new window.& i open that scorm pkg on new window.

Attachment untitled.JPG

by Matteo Scaramuccia -

Hi Kiran,
if your packages always contain one single item managing its own TOC, instead of trying to modify the Moodle SCORM Player/TOC code to fit the margins/sizes according to your requirements/constraints, you could configure the Activity to hide both TOC and navigation bar: Course structure displayHidden and Hide navigation buttons → Yes, see the docs at http://docs.moodle.org/24/en/SCORM_settings#Display_settings.

HTH,
Matteo

by Kiran Sonawane -

Thanks Matteo,

I see that settings but every time i have changed to every pkg suppose my one pakg width very large & other pakage small.so i avoid this always i add that socrm pkg its size will be automatically small or large to fit in available  window.its also portal on tablet or any screen size of monitor.

I hide that navigaion bar..

Only ramain the resizeing window..but i cant find that solution.

by Matteo Scaramuccia -

Hi Kiran,
sorry but I do not have enough direct experience on this subject matter to drive you towards a solution able to fit with packages of different size other than working someway on module.js. Maybe (not sure if useful), you can play by your own even w/ the layout (CSS) using e.g. Firebug to discover the affected selectors.

Matteo

by Kiran Sonawane -

Hi,

ya I changes in module.js file for scorm pkg.one more help needed In that scorm_object we can add how i can get that object size?means width & height? 

by Matteo Scaramuccia -

Hi Kiran,
you could try to change module.js as sampled below:

diff --git a/mod/scorm/module.js b/mod/scorm/module.js
index 03902fa..95b5bdd 100644
--- a/mod/scorm/module.js
+++ b/mod/scorm/module.js
@@ -195,7 +195,7 @@ M.mod_scorm.init = function(Y, hide_nav, hide_toc, toc_title, window_name, launc

if (alsowidth) {
                 scorm_layout_widget.setStyle('width', '');
-                var newwidth = scorm_get_htmlelement_size('content', 'width');
+                var newwidth = scorm_get_htmlelement_size('scorm_content', 'width');
             }
             // make sure that the max width of the TOC doesn't go to far

@@ -534,7 +534,7 @@ M.mod_scorm.init = function(Y, hide_nav, hide_toc, toc_title, window_name, launc
         scorm_activate_item(scorm_first_url);

// resizing
-        scorm_resize_layout(false);
+        scorm_resize_layout(true);

// fix layout if window resized
         window.onresize = function() {

You need to add the logic to adjust the width using newwidth: mine is just a note quickly written to be as helpful as possible... you need to do it by your own - lacking of spare time and original content on my side.

HTH,
Matteo

by Kiran Sonawane -

Thanks Matteo,

Its very useful for me.But in code what actually done.design one layout that content put the scorm_object & this layout will be resized called the function Scorm_frame resized I have no problem in that.But we can fit the orignal scorm pkg that shoud be reized in the layout where we can fit it.

by Kiran Sonawane -

Hiii,One more ques..

Y.YUI2.util.Dom.get('scorm_object')for using that we can get thescorm_object.

how we can add that scorm_object in Y.YUI2.util.Dom ?