Multi language - Name not working moodle 2.4

Multi language - Name not working moodle 2.4

by Sarah Jane -
Number of replies: 6

Can anyone help please - I am working in 2 languages and successfully edited everything except the Name of the scheduler I am entering

<span lang="en" class="multilang">1 2 1 Scheduler</span><span lang="de" class="multilang">German here</span>

It comes out like

1 2 1 Scheduler

The content works brilliantly but not the "name"

I have tried using the <div> </div> but this is absolutely not going to work

What have I done wrong - anyone?

Sarah x

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarah Jane

Re: Multi language - Name not working moodle 2.4

by Sarah Jane -

Please can anyone help here?

In reply to Sarah Jane

by Robert Brenstein -
If titles of other activities are changing as expected, this is probably a bug in the code, actually missing a call to the multilang filter when scheduler's title is displayed.

Which version is this?
In reply to Robert Brenstein

by Sarah Jane -

Hi there,

the scheduler version is the Branch 2.3 hoep this helps.

In reply to Sarah Jane

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

I'm not quite sure what the expected behaviour is here. It appears that some Moodle modules do apply filters in activity titles (e.g. mod/feedback) but others do not (e.g. mod/page, a pretty basic one), as far as I can see. Also, the main course page apparently does not apply filters to activity titles. So my guess is that not processing filters in activity titles is the standard behaviour.

In reply to Henning Bostelmann

by Robert Brenstein -
Oh, come on. If multiple languages are provided for the title and the multilang filter is on, the title should show in the selected language. Isn't this the expected logical behavior? That some other modules fail to do that ain't good excuse, particularly that the change is really trivial.
In reply to Henning Bostelmann

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

OK, I found how it's expected to work now. (It also seems that some core bugs have been fixed meanwhile.)

Multilang filters will now work in scheduler titles when you use the lastest version from github (MOODLE_23_STABLE, MOODLE_25_STABLE or master).