Quiz

Picture of Joseph Rézeau
Re: Improving the quiz settings page
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Hi Ralf,

Well, in an educational context such as a big university (where I used to work) I don't like admins to have too much power, for the simple reason that end-users (teachers) will have widely differing needs and must be granted a maximum of liberty.

Things may be different in a corporate context, of course.

"Show more gives admin to hide completely features..." Actually, I do not see this setting in the moodle 2.5 dev version. Maybe it has not been implemented yet?

Joseph

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Ralf Hilgenstock
Group DevelopersGroup Translators

Hello Joseph,

we have checked it and it will work.  You can hide the 'Show more...' link via CSS in your theme. In consequence the advanced settings are invisible for teachers.

In this way its an option to reduce complexity for several scenarios.

Ralf

Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Note that Damyon from HQ is planning to implement similar preferences for the new Assignment module. See MDL-37621and MDL-37459. Note that he is also adding a 'locked' state which I think is what you are asking for here. Then there is MDL-37914 for applying this to all the other activity types. Hopefuly Damyon will get time to finish that soon.

Thanks for the link. If thelocked feature will be implemented it makes fully sense forme to hide optionally the locked settings for teachers.

Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

The argument for keeping them visible is: what about staff who search on the internet to learn how to do X in Moodle, and find an answer, but then they go to their Moodle and things look very different. It is less confusing if the locked options are visible.

I agree to this argumentation. My idea is to make invisibility optional for administrational settings.

Configuration of Moodle systems is a must today. Features are disabled and Third-Party Add ons are added. So the system will look different everywhere. This happens also if Designs use only columns left or right.