migration of quiz results from Moodle 2.0.4 into 2.3.4

migration of quiz results from Moodle 2.0.4 into 2.3.4

by Malia Kirby -
Number of replies: 2

Hi there,

We've recently finished rebuilding our Moodle site into version 2.3.4, and are looking for a way to migrate our prior quiz results from our current site running version 2.0.4.  Would I need to download the grade reports into a csv file and upload them into the new, and if so, how can I upload them...or is there a better way to get this accomplished? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Malia Kirby

Re: migration of quiz results from Moodle 2.0.4 into 2.3.4

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Why did you install a fresh copy of Moodle instead of upgrading your 2.0.4 site to 2.3.4?

The easiest way to migrate something from one Moodle site to another is to use backup and restore.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: migration of quiz results from Moodle 2.0.4 into 2.3.4

by Malia Kirby -

Our previous site was populated entirely by our previous webmaster, who added several modifications to the code and subsequently made the site unstable.  It made more sense to start fresh, rather than to try to determine where the problems were in the php. 

Thanks for the suggestion on using backup/restore!  I had assumed that I wouldn't be able to use that feature for grades only, so that really helps me out.  Thank you!