Rate button

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 8
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Rate button

by Adi Tedjasaputra -

Hi Monia,

Have you defined your scale to work with the rating and follow the instructions in the Forum settings doc?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Adi Tedjasaputra

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

by Adi Tedjasaputra -

Ciao Monia and Dan,

The single-item scale is currently under development. Please read the latest development of this feature from MDL-16474.

I am not sure I understand what you mean by showing the rate before reading the content of the thread or having the subject of the thread behind the rate.

Kind regards smile
Adi

In reply to Deleted user

by Dan Olson -

Hi Monia,

Just adding my vote here. We have the same problem. I created a scale but, given I had to include two items in the scale, it includes "Helpful" and " ". Ideally we'd like to be able to vote posts up or down (i.e. 'helpful' or 'not helpful') with just a click as this creates great awareness for students of the most useful posts. But having a count of votes is probably fine for now if we could just get rid of that extra rating in the scale. (And convert the drop-down to a simple button!)

Good question -- wish I had the answer for you.

Dan

In reply to Dan Olson

by Rob Johnson -

If you comfortable editing your database, you can make a one item scale.  Create a two item scale, and in a tool like phpmyadmin, delete the unwanted choice from that scale in the scales table.  We have a one item "Like" scale available site wide that was created like this.

In reply to Rob Johnson

Re: creating a single-item scale

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Just noting that the method Rob describes is what we have used on moodle.org to create single-item scales (MDLSITE-1877).

In reply to Helen Foster

by Dan Olson -

Hi Helen,

Yes, this worked for us. Thanks for the follow up. BTW, do you know if it's possible to change the drop-down to a button or a link? Since we're just using the count of ratings it seems silly to have to 'select' a rating -- especially since there is only one choice. Just add your vote with one click! It is minor, I know, but would be a nice little UI improvement in this case. 

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dan Olson

by Guido Gautsch -

>change the drop-down to a button or a link?

That is a great idea. Yes, please!!

Average of ratings: Useful (2)