Authentication

Picture of David Chapman
Re: When opening Moodle, already logged in as other user.

Well the problem does not go away.  I have tried purging all caches, restarting dns servers and clients, and nothing has changed.

Using my iphone as the test client - if I connect to the network via wifi, and go to our Moodle homepage, a page loads as if I am another user - but with almost no functionality (links don't work etc, I get in a cycle of logging in/out). 

If I turn off wifi and connect via phone coverage (therefore external connection to our Moodle server) everything is fine.

So - something tells me it is a network issue that is not playing nice with our Moodle setup.  Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Dan Marsden
Group DevelopersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Translators

do you have some form of transparent proxy or caching system that is misbehaving in front of your Moodle web server?

Picture of David Chapman

Turns out, after being told the proxy was not a problem, it was.  Thanks for your help.

Hi!

It's happening to us too!!!

How is it possible?? We've got this in mdl_log:

idtimecoursemodulecmidactionurlipinfouseridsessionid 
39236145 1366833514 1 user 0 logout view.php?id=49432&course=1 62.82.11.18 49432 49432 0fqf3hgijihfnj90q34h1og7podgmbr9  
39235726 1366833297 1 course 0 view view.php?id=1 62.82.11.14 1 82485 0fqf3hgijihfnj90q34h1og7podgmbr9  
39235725 1366833296 1 user 0 login view.php?id=0&course=1 62.82.11.14 82485 82485 u8147t2torlv4a8731futlpmo1v4plae  

The user 82485 login with his correct username and suddenly he was other user, 49432...

Our Moodle version is 2.2.9, how did you solve this issue?? what was the wrong with your proxy??

Thanks a lot!!

Picture of mike lee

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Picture of mike lee

What was the issue about the proxy server and how did you resolve it?

Picture of Ken Task
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Ok, tried lots of things ... but please answer this question:

Does your site have links like:

http://.../course/view.php?id=377&MoodleSession=b3i20qk970m1t92b2t2v1v2t90

on it's front page?  Yes or No?

Something either in config of apache server (rewrite rule?) or Moodle OR network (as Dan has also suggested) is injecting (tacking onto the end of them) the '&MoodleSession=blah blah blah' in the URL's.

Mind providing the URL to your Moodle front page?

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Picture of David Chapman

I don't have access to the config files (working through the IT Manager) but from what I can tell there are no links on the front page with such endings.

The URL is http://moodle.macquariecollege.nsw.edu.au/