Navigation block only showing in Site Administration

Navigation block only showing in Site Administration

by sal montalvo -
Number of replies: 3

I have an issue where the Navigation block is only showing in "site administration" sections of the site.

I checked the user permissions and configuration and the permissions look fine, but I believe the issue is in the configuration. Under "where this block appears it is showing "System" for "Original block location" and under "Display on page types" my only options are "Any site administration page" and "the current site administrator page".

Has anyone run into this issue? Any help would be much appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to sal montalvo

Re: Navigation block only showing in Site Administration

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Sal,

Can you turn editing on on the front page and add a navigation block there, setting it to display throughout the entire site. If not (if the navigation block doesn't appear in the add a block dropdown menu), you'll need to go to Settings > Site administration > Plugins > Blocks > Manage blocks and unprotect it by clicking the padlock icon. Once you've added it to the front page, you should go back to the manage blocks page and re-protect it.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Navigation block only showing in Site Administration

by sal montalvo -

Hi Helen,

Unprotecting it, adding it to the front page, and then protecting it again seems to have done it! Thank you very much for the insight.

In reply to sal montalvo

Re: Navigation block only showing in Site Administration [Solved]

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Sal, thanks for your feedback and for rating my post as useful, which will help anyone else with the same problem to find the solution. smile