White is better than Orange

White is better than Orange

by Sean S -
Number of replies: 8
I like the new white them in use. Hopefully once it gets debugged it will be standard. It's much easier on the eyes...

I'm assuming this is now moodle 1.5?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sean S

Re: White is better than Orange

by Vu Hung -

Hi Linguist,

I completely agree with you. And I personally think Arial is more readable than Trebuchet.

In reply to Vu Hung

by Genner Cerna -
I also agree with you, its nice and clean
In reply to Genner Cerna

It is not White

by Ger Tielemans -

If you look close then you see it is not white but a bleuish creme.
(The background of the Moodle is not transparant on the moment but real white.)

I like this creme, I had a theme based on white, but our teachers prefer more body, so we have now the steel background: https://studiewijzerplus.nl   

In reply to Sean S

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Little bit of white, little bit of orange wink

I'm still playing with it. I want to put a really clear explanation on the home page with some slick illustrations.   Anyone got a really good source of free clipart?

The default font is Trebuchet because I really like it, but in your user preferences you can choose another theme with Arial. smile

Also, Vu, you will notice that when you are in Vietnamese now you will always get Arial by default! big grin
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Ray Jr -

I found some free clipart (creative commons, public domain) at  the Open Clip Art Library (http://www.openclipart.org). I provided some samples in the themes forum (discussion covering avatars and the possibility of creating an avatar library for Moodle).

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Sean S -
Not free clip art, but I"m definately buying this the next time I get out of Korea (this June?) clip art explosion. It's only about us$120 at amazon (I could be wrong I looked around a month ago), but in Korea it costs over us$300. Amazon will not ship this product overseas, so I have to wait. grrrrr...
In reply to Sean S

by Darren Smith -
Perhaps there is someone here who lives in the states willing to help out ????