Is there any difference between database tables of versions 2.0.2 and 2.2.2 ?

Is there any difference between database tables of versions 2.0.2 and 2.2.2 ?

by Jula Jolla -
Number of replies: 2

Hi every body,

I have moodle 2.2.2 installed on my machine and I have to execute some queries on a moodle 2.0.2 installation that I cannot connect to, I have to test my queries on my machine and give them to an administrator to execute them on the machine carrying the 2.0.2 version, I am wondering if there is differences between the two databases, I am working on the tables : mdl_log, mdl_course, mdl_forum, mdl_forum_discussions, and mdl_forum_posts.

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jula Jolla

Re: Is there any difference between database tables of versions 2.0.2 and 2.2.2 ?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Those tables probalby have not changed significantly since version 2.0. However, the way to be sure is to download Moodle 2.0.2 and install it somewhere, so you can test with the right database schema. Possible sources:

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Is there any difference between database tables of versions 2.0.2 and 2.2.2 ?

by Lawrence N -

I agree with Tim.

Download both and install these 2 instances with their own database and use a tool like SQLyog to do a database schema comparison (great product and accurate). You can download the 30 day trial version is good enough