Face to Face Manager Enrolment

Face to Face Manager Enrolment

by Peter Bowen -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

I have come across an issue, where we have a manager enrols a number of there staff in the Face to Face session. They are added to the course, but without the "Student" role. Of course, completion tracking etc does not run until this role is filled in.

Is there a way so that if a third party enrols someone in a F2F session, it can enrol them in the course as a student automatically?

CheersPeter

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Bowen

Re: Face to Face Manager Enrolment

by Mia Musolino -

This is also something we would like to see in Face to Face. About the only thing I can think of is to put an admin's email to be notified when people are added to a session and the admin can check periodically to make sure all session attendees are enrolled in the course. Not ideal, I know.

In reply to Mia Musolino

by Peter Bowen -

Hi Mia,

I have just upgraded to 2.4.3, and the issue has become a little worse. There is some core code which has changed between 2.4.1 and 2.4.3 which treats the "is_enroled" field differently. Enroled without a role in 2.4.1 is a yes for is_enroled, however is a no under 2.4.3

Which means that a Manager enroling a student in a Face to face session without enroling them in the course first will stop them doing most things in the course. Including they don't get the option to enrol themselves.

I might become bored over the weekend and investigate the enrolment process, to see if I can't get F2F to trigger the enrolment properly... :D And of course share my results.

My 2c

Cheers
Peter

In reply to Peter Bowen

by Mia Musolino -

interesting... I will have to look into that too! thanks for posting -- let me know what you find!

In reply to Mia Musolino

by Peter Bowen -

Hi Mia,

I have been meaning to get back here for a while.

I didn't get a solution, but I did get a work-around using a couple of other modules - configurable reports and Flatfile enrolments.

I created a SQL report within config reports with the following code. If there are only a couple of people, I just manually add them. Any more than about 4, then I export the results, remove the header row and first column, save it as a csv, and upload it using the flat file upload. (Note - I modified it to read the staff number and course number - seemed a bit daft to have an item which you put in manually to do a bulk upload.)

So I run this on a daily basis, and no issues with lack of enrollments.

SELECT w.name, 'add', 'staff', w.login, w.courseid
FROM
(select CONCAT(u.firstname, ' ', u.lastname) AS Name,u.id as id, u.username AS login,e.courseid as courseid, e.status as status
from prefix_user AS u
INNER JOIN
prefix_user_enrolments AS ue
on u.id=ue.userid
INNER JOIN
prefix_enrol AS e
ON e.id=ue.enrolid)AS w

LEFT JOIN
(SELECT u.id AS id2, ct.instanceid AS iid, ra.roleid AS rid
FROM prefix_user AS u
INNER JOIN
prefix_role_assignments AS ra
on u.id = ra.userid
INNER JOIN
prefix_context AS ct
ON ct.id = ra.contextid) AS v
ON w.id=v.id2 AND w.courseid=v.iid

WHERE v.rid IS NULL

Pretty simple really.... :D

Cheers
Peter

In reply to Peter Bowen

by Mark Whitington -

This issue (users with no role) is affecting our use of F2F. Has there been a more permanent solution as we do not have the additional Reports plugin on our site?

We love F2F but often managers forget to enrol users first.

Cheers

Mark