Configure notifications methods for incoming messages

Configure notifications methods for incoming messages

by Karen Bonaker -
Number of replies: 2

Good morning, I am using Moodle 2.4 and have a questions regarding the Profile field and specifically Configure notifications methods for incoming messages.

There are several fields that I do not feel are appropriate for students one being Manuar enrollments , PayPal enrollments and other as indicated in the images below.

I cannot seem to find the location to set these prefernces for the student. Can anyone help with this question?

Many thanks,

Karen

Attachment 3-14-2013 8-09-49 AM.png
Attachment 3-14-2013 8-09-59 AM.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karen Bonaker

Re: Configure notifications methods for incoming messages

by Maurice Moore -

Hi Karen,

Did you manage to work this one out? I'm trying to find a solution too.

Maurice

In reply to Karen Bonaker

Re: Configure notifications methods for incoming messages

by Maurice Moore -

We're using Totara 2.6 which is based on Moodle 2.6 core.

I found that you can manage the Default Message Settings viaSite Admin>Plugins>Message Outputs>Default Message Outputs but even when a message output is set to Disallowed, it still shows on the users My Profile>Messaging screen, even though they can't edit it.

One other behaviour I am a bit perplexed about, I was working in a Dev environment and as soon as I marked one message system as Disallowed, all my system Default Message Outputs were set to Disallowed. Obviously this is not something I can repeat to test except by making a change in Prod... I'll take a screen shot before I make changes in Prod.

Maurice