Course Format add a new page

Course Format add a new page

by Antonio Garmendía -
Number of replies: 9

I'm develop a new course format, and I need to create a new page, somebody can help me with an example, thanks in advance!! 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Antonio Garmendía

Re: Course Format add a new page

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Antonio,

The documentation - http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Course_Format - is a really useful reference for developing a new format.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Antonio Garmendía -

Dear Gareth:

I red the documentation and create the new course format from topics. I override print_multiple_section_page() and changing the center of the page. I don't know the method that I could change for create the new page and the link. Could you give me any hint?

Cheers, Antonio

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Antonio,

To be honest from your description I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to achive, could you describe in more detail please?

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Antonio Garmendía -

Dear Gareth:

I want to change the course expand all and collapse all. First link would be the page that shows resources, activities, and the other page a bulletin board system (BBS). For example:

Left Menu

Current Course

->Subject

->BBS

->Topics

->Topic 1

->Topic 2

To do that I override print_multiple_section_page() and I lost the page who shows the topics but I need it. So, I need to create a new page for the BBS. I hope you understand me now. Sorry for my english and thanks!!!

Cheers,

Antonio

by Gareth J Barnard -

Dear Antonio,

Thank you for your description smile.

I think your best bet is to leave the method 'print_multiple_section_page()' alone and instead manipulate the menu to create the links as you describe using additional methods to render your BBS page as a separate page etc.  I believe this secific section http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Course_Format#Extending_course_navigation will help as it seems to me with its desciption of being able to add new elements.  I've never done this so apologise for not helping further in that respect.  But will help more if I can.

Cheers,

Gareth

by Marina Glancy -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I see what you mean now, could not understand your initial question either.

Take a look at flexible sections format, it sounds like it already does what you need: https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=format_flexsections

In reply to Marina Glancy

by Antonio Garmendía -

Thank you so much!!! I think that I did it. I really want to collaborate with the moodle's project, maybe this puglin that I'm doing you can add it to Moodle. Thanks again!!

best, Antonio