Confirm that restore of "non-manual" enrolment methods only works in 2.4+ and above?

Re: Confirm that restore of "non-manual" enrolment methods only works in 2.4+ and above?

by John Reese -
Number of replies: 0

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the info but this was not I wanted to confirm wink I wanted to confirm restore of enrolment methods of a course.

We noticed that if users were enrolled by other methods besides manual or self enrolment, their accounts would not be attached to the course after it has been backed up and restored.

For example:

1. On a nightly basis, I created a script to get enrolment information from our student information system and save them to another MySQL database
  2. The scheduled to execute the Moodle external db enrolment script.
  3. Works great and under the enrolment methods for that course, you will see a bunch of students enrolled in that course whose enrol type is "database enrolment"
  4. Now back up the course
  5. Next, restore the course
  6. You'll notice that these database enrolments are not saved in the restored course.

I heard this was fixed in 2.4.x+

Those versions before 2.4.x would not work and only manual or self-enrolment types would only be restored. Any other enrolment types won't be.

John