Sorry, this format is not yet implemented!

Sorry, this format is not yet implemented!

by Brijesh Kumar -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

I have trying import a QTI quiz in to moodle and the captioned error (Sorry, this format is not yet implemented!) keeps appearing. Can someone help me in locating the error?

Thanks in advance!

Brijesh

======

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brijesh Kumar

Re: Sorry, this format is not yet implemented!

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,

It's not an error - it means what it says smile There isn't a qti import facility. Moodle 1.5 will (at last) only list the available import and export types.

QTI import is something we've been wanting to do for a long time. However, if you want to help I have been collecting examples of QTI quizzes ready for the day, so if you can send me a/some example(s) it would help a lot!
In reply to Howard Miller

by Brijesh Kumar -

Hi Howard,

Thanks for clarifying.

Here is a small quiz based on QTI 1.2. (assesst.zip) . Please check the code if all is OK.

Thanks again!

by Chris Douce -

Hi Howard

I've been searching the forums to try to answer the question: 'when will it be possible to import QTI questions (I'm interested in QTI 1.1 questions)?'  but haven't been able to answer it myself... Is this something that you may be able to answer?

Many thanks, Chris.

In reply to Chris Douce

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Chris,

The fundamental problem is that Moodle simply doesn't do a lot of the functionality that is supported by the QTI specification. On top of that the xml schema for QTI is incredibly difficult to interpret, so it would be somewhere between very difficult and impossible to implement even what Moodle does support in a meaningful way.

I believe that Gustav's take on this is to allow Moodle to pass objects like QTI quizzes out to external renderers transparently using web services, but you would need to ask him for the details.

I hope this helps, even if not very positively.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Chris Douce -

It does help. Thanks. I was hoping for an answer of, 'qti 1.1 imports are not yet supported but will be available in approx n months time'.  I've also seen threads relating to respondus imports and exports which also reference to QTI.

There seems to be a whole bunch of tools that support qti in some form or another: respondus, questionmark perception, coursegenie (supporting the lite version).  1.1 seems to be the most popular from what I've seen.

My needs are simple: I've got a whole bunch of questions that use a subset of the available QTI 1 question types (specifically single response MCQ's).  I can write some script that takes my Q's from one form to another.  In the world of moodle, what is generally recommended?

I'm familiar with parts of Gustav's work on RQP for QTI 2.0.  It's good stuff, but I need to support end users who may be using the above tools that I've mentioned.