Collecting all assignments for a group of students with different teachers in one course - hot wo set up?

Collecting all assignments for a group of students with different teachers in one course - hot wo set up?

by Andreas Giesen -
Number of replies: 4

Using 2.3

We have several groups of students enrolled in many different courses with different teachers. To make management of assignments easier, we want to create one courseroom that collects all assignments for a specific year of a specific course of studies. 

We want teachers to receive notifications only for their own assigments and also ideally not to be able to view the subbmissions of other teachers' assignments.

I suppose this can be done by setting the right rights and roles to assignments and for the complete course. Sth. like disallowing teachers to view assigments in the room completely and assigning the local role of a teacher to his own assignments.

I tried several settings but I don't quite get it right yet. Maybe someone could point me in the right direction?! 

Thanks! Andreas

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andreas Giesen

Re: Collecting all assignments for a group of students with different teachers in one course - hot wo set up?

by Susan Mangan -

Use Groups to divide the students and make sure each teacher is in his or her own respective group only. This will take care of the notifications.

Setting the Assignment to Seperate groups (only available to group members) might do the trick for teacher access - I'm not sure if that works for the teacher role as well as the student role.

If that doesn't work, try the Grouping feature to hide assignments from others.

In reply to Susan Mangan

Απάντηση: Re: Collecting all assignments for a group of students with different teachers in one course - hot wo set up?

by Andreas Panagiotopoulos -

You should set the option "Seperate groups" and secondly, set the capability of the teacher role "accessallgroups" to prevent. With both options will have the result you want (each teacher has access only to his/her students' assignments).

Andreas

Re: Collecting all assignments for a group of students with different teachers in one course - hot wo set up?

by Sakshi Goel -

Hello Andreas

You can create several group and enrol students in it. And assign 1 teacher to each group.

Go to Settings > Site administration > Users > Permissions > Define roles.

Untick "Access all groups" option.

Go to course setting page and in the Groups section set the following options:

• Select "Separate groups" in the Group mode option.
  • Set "Force group mode" to Yes.

by Andreas Giesen -

Thank you all very much, now I know how to proceed with this smile