Moodle 2.4 Question permissions

Moodle 2.4 Question permissions

by Graeme Gomes -
Number of replies: 4

In Moodle 2.4, is it possible to allow teachers to have full edit capabilities for questions in the course context (which is default), but only have viewall and useall capabilities for questions in the system context?

I tried creating a new role that just had viewall and useall capabilities and assigned that role to a teacher in the system context. I followed the instructions here: http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/How_to_let_teachers_share_questions_between_courses

The end result is that permissions appear to be cumulative, so the teacher had full edit capabilities (instead of only view and use) for questions in the system context, as well as full edit capabilities in the course and activities context.

On a related note, if a teacher wanted to edit a system context question, is there a permission that will allow the teacher to copy the read-only system question to an editable course context question? I don’t want teachers to be able to directly edit our list of questions stored at the system level.

I hope I explained this properly. Thank you for your input.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Graeme Gomes

Re: Moodle 2.4 Question permissions

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

What do you mean it 'appears' that teachers can edit system level questions?

Log in as a teacher, and try to edit a system question. Either you can or you can't.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Graeme Gomes -

Tim

As a teacher, I was able to edit a system level question and save it. I would only like teachers to view and use system level questions.

In reply to Graeme Gomes

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

In the admin menu, go to Users Permissions Check system permissions, and check the persmissions for your test Teacher user.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Graeme Gomes -

Hi Tim

Thank you for this. It helped resolve the issue of permission. I seem to have it working now, and I will just play with it to see what else I can allow a teacher to do with the system level questions.

Thank again for your help.