Glossary entry's definition moves out of the screen

Glossary entry's definition moves out of the screen

by dhruv jagetiya -
Number of replies: 3

Hello, I was working on one of the bugs when i found that if a long  definition (Of glossary entry) usually with no space is posted then the definition moves out of the screen. Screenshot is attached(As clearly visible 2nd post is moving out of screen). Not sure if it's a bug as such long post without any space are (usually) meaningless. If it is considered as bug then i'll post it to tracker. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to dhruv jagetiya

Re: Glossary entry's definition moves out of the screen

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Not a bug, just meaningless testing.

Joseph

In reply to dhruv jagetiya

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

This can hardly be a surprise to you! A meaningless string of unbroken characters goes off the page because its too wide to display? Exactly the same as is likely to happen in any web site, not just Moodle!

And its not a 'long  definition (Of glossary entry) usually with no space' - It would have to be with NO space, punctuation or any other point at which word wrapping could act, an even rarer possibility than your 'testing'

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by dhruv jagetiya -

Yup, Actually I was creating some random entries to test some other issue. When I found this. Thought it may cause issue in some other language .  Good to see it's ok. Thanks for quick response and useful information smile