Add Journal Missing

Add Journal Missing

by Amy Pont -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

We are in the process of upgrading from 1.9 to 2.3.4 and whilst going through and testing, I have noticed that my teachers aren't able to see the "add a journal" option in the activity picker. As an admin, I am able to see this, and all the Journal settings in user definitions are turned on.

Can someone please help me. I read somewhere that perhaps this activity is not longer around. Is this why I can't turn it on?

Hope someone can help.

Thank you in advance.

Amy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Amy Pont

Re: Add Journal Missing

by Oliver Stearn -

Hi Amy,

This is because the plugin no longer comes as default with newer moodles. https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_journal

Ive just successfully installed this plugin onto my test platform - it was alot easier than expected smile if you download the zip file from the link above and have a look at the text file inside, there are clear instructions to get it working.

I havent yet got to the bottom of what staff should be using as an alternative, but it would probs be handy for both of us to know smile

In reply to Oliver Stearn

Re: Add Journal Missing

by Amy Pont -

Thank Oliver.

I have worked it out, it's actually a problem with the activity chooser between the legacy courses and the newly created courses that is making the "add a journal", plus many other options not available. Have had to post on a forum about that one to try and get some answers. 

Thanks for your help however. I've been a long time reader of the forums and help but never posted and since we started this upgrade, I have been posting and its amazing how many people out the world of moodle are willing to help.

Amy