Feature request - students can enter a meeting location

Feature request - students can enter a meeting location

by Mira Vogel -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I was at a meeting with one of our departments today, and they thought that Scheduler has a great deal of potential. We went through setting one up and then somebody said "How can students tell us where they are?" Ah. Turns out that these meetings take place at a location the student chooses - that might be in their space, or in a place where they would like to display their work, or somebody's office, or wherever. They're art students, but this would be good for students of design, performance, horticulture, anything involving site visits, etc.

So I'd like to propose an extra setting which when enabled gives each slot an extra text field with a label prompting students to enter a location. Where enabled, this should be forced, so students can only save once they have completed it. Where an existing record is changed, this should trigger an email to both student and tutor.

If you agree this would be helpful, please add your vote on the Moodle Tracker - CONTRIB-4199 / https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-4199

Henning, thanks for looking after this lovely module. At my last place we used a form pasted into a Wiki - Scheduler is so much slicker.

Yours,

Mira

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mira Vogel

Re: Feature request - students can enter a meeting location

by Gloria Gong -

Has this been solved? if not, any alternative ways for students to enter location? I was wondering if students could choose to schedule the meeting either in faculty's office or over the phone.