Any problems with aspell?

Any problems with aspell?

av Tim Allen -
Antall svar: 5
Hi moodlers,

I have two installations of moodle on my Fedora Core 3 server - one is the stable 1.4.4 and the other is 1.5 dev.

Aspell is working fine in 1.5 dev, but not in 1.4.4.  They are configured with the same parameters in each.

In 1.4.4, as soon as I click on "add a new topic" in a forum, there is an error icon of the status bar in IE saying "done, but with errors on page".  When I double click on this icon, I get a pop-up window which says "Expected ';'".  Then when I click on the spellcheck icon in the toolbar of the HTML editor the popup window says "Error: 'spellChecker' is undefined".  trist

Doing this in Firefox gives no errors, but also nothing happens - no spellcheck!

However, in 1.5dev,doing exactly the same thing on the same server with the same settings and the same browsers, aspell works perfectly!  clown

Please look at the screenshot below.  If anyone can shed light on this problem I would really appreciate it!

My config details:
  • @(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.50.5)
  • [root@tim ~]# aspell dump dicts
    en
    en_CA
    en_CA-w-accents
    en_GB
    en_GB-w-accents
    en_US
    en_US-w-accents

TIA,
Tim.  smiler
Vedlegg aspellprob1-2.JPG
Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Som svar til Tim Allen

Re: Any problems with aspell?

av Janne Mikkonen -
I'll check it as soon as I can.
Som svar til Janne Mikkonen

av Tim Allen -
Thanks Janne.  approve
Som svar til Tim Allen

av Janne Mikkonen -
This is working fine for me. Do you have debug mode on? What exact version of 1.4.4 you have?

- Janne -
Som svar til Janne Mikkonen

av Tim Allen -
I found out what was causing this problem - it was something in the code within the custom xtree block.  When I removed this block aspell started working again.  smiler

It seems there was some javascript conflict in there somewhere.