Differently named certificates in one course

Differently named certificates in one course

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there. I haven't used the certificate module since 1.9 and then we only had one certificate per course so this is a query born out of ignorance: someone has asked me if it is possible in the same course to have two different certificates with different titles - ie, one says "completion of course ABC" while the other says "completion of Program D" or whatever. I was under the impression that a certificate could only  be named after the course it was in - am I behind the times? Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Differently named certificates in one course

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You are behind the times.

Certificate is an activity module. You can add as many as you like, and can customised each one.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Differently named certificates in one course

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Ok I had better go and test it out then - user is complaining they had two certificates with different titles in the same course and now they upgraded and the certificates both have the same title (ie the title of the course)

In reply to Mary Cooch

how to - Differently named certificates in one course

by Mary Cooch -

Ok - so I went and tried and each instance of the certificate still refers to having completed the actual course it is in - so I don't see how to change that?. (Now I have to read the documentationwink)

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: how to - Differently named certificates in one course

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Sorry, includeing the course name does not seem to be configurable (unless you make a custom template - I made a custom template for the OU, which is how we are achieving this). Sorry.

There are new variants of the certificate plugin, like simplecertificate. I wonder if they are more configurable?