Can't Choose or Upload a File

Can't Choose or Upload a File

by Kate Harper -
Number of replies: 4

When I try and add a resource using Link to a file or web site I can't get to the files.

Repro steps:

Create a course (or go to an existing course)

In a topic area, Select the Add a Resourse dropdown

Select Link to a file or web site

Add a name

In the Link to a file or web site area, click Choose or upload a file

Result: Nothing happens

Expected result: to be taken to are that allows you to select and/or upload a file

Can anyone help? Also, how do I determine what version of Moodle I'm using.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kate Harper

Re: Can't Choose or Upload a File

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You are probably using Moodle 1.9 judging by your description. Could you give more details, for instance, which web browser are yo using? Do you have pop ups blocked? Do you have a link to the actual Moodle site we could look at? Has this worked before and now it doesn't work -ie, is this a recent problem?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Kate Harper -

Hi, Mary:

I am using IE 9. I don't have pop ups blocked and this was working this morning and now it's not. Here's a link to the site http://www.southsoundcrittercare.com/Volunteers/Learning/login/index.php

You can log it using ID=rehabber and PW=Critter. If you want to log in as an admin, send me an e-mail at katehar@hotmail.com.

In reply to Kate Harper

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there. Yes -  I tried to upload a profile picture and it wouldn't let me do so. Could you try turning on debugging in Site admin>Server>debugging (set it to the max developer mode) and then when you try to upload a file, paste here the error message? I won't be able to understand it but others will hopefully.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Kate Harper -

I turned on the debugger. Where should I expect to see the results returned?

Also, I'm not sure what will show as when I click the button nothing happens.

I appreciate your help.