bookmark favorite threads

bookmark favorite threads

by Karrie V -
Number of replies: 10

Is there a way within Moodle to bookmark favorite threads to refer back to?  If not is this planned for any future developments?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karrie V

Re: bookmark favorite threads

by Darren Smith -
This would be great although it is now easier to find threads if you have participated in them via your profile.
In reply to Darren Smith

by Karrie V -

True, only sometimes I see a thread that I dont have anything to add to at the current moment but it is something I would like to revisit at a later date. 

smile

In reply to Karrie V

by Darren Smith -
Perhaps the star idea would be more applicable here?
In reply to Darren Smith

by Karrie V -

Sounds good to me, if only I understood anything about coding I would work on it but unfortunately I don’t know ANYTHING about code sad

In reply to Karrie V

Mark as unread (was: bookmark favorite threads)

by Darren Smith -

Is there a mark as unread option? This could serve as a bookmarking solution also.

Darren

In reply to Darren Smith

Re: Mark as unread (was: bookmark favorite threads)

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
If you set your forums to require the user to manually mark posts as read there is. Any post that is read can then be marked 'unread'. Problem with doing it in automatic mode is that once the user clicks on the discussion the posts are all read again (unless you are using threaded mode).

mike
In reply to Mike Churchward

by Darren Smith -

Ah I see. Thanks for the reply

Do you think there is a chance for a bookmark option then? With all threads marked as read it would be nice to have some indication for those threads which you may want to go back to and read in further detail or just reference.

Of course you can search for them again but starring them a la gmail would act as a visual reminder.

In reply to Darren Smith

by Karrie V -

Just wondering if anyone has ever looked into this?

smile

In reply to Karrie V

by Samuli Karevaara -
You can bookmark the threads with your browsers bookmarking feature smile

Create a bookmark folder like "My favourite Moodle forum threads" and when you read a thread you'd like to bookmark, just bookmark it under that folder.
In reply to Darren Smith

by Karrie V -
Just wondering if anyone ever looked into this.  smile