Read Alouds

Read Alouds

by Marla Robles -
Number of replies: 4

I am concerned about the volume of time it takes to create quizzes that allow the text to be read aloud.  Currently I have to read each question into a voice program (audacity), upload the audio file, link it to text within the question and then erase the text that it is linked to in order to show an audio player that reads the question.  Is there a more streamlined process?  Depending on the length of the test, this takes an hour or more.

Thank you,

Marla

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marla Robles

Re: Read Alouds

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I am guessing that 'Read aloud' is an American idiom. At any rate, I am failing to understand what you are trying to do.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Joshua Bragg -

She's talking about an accomodation for a student with a disability.  The test/quiz is supposed to be read aloud to the student for their benefit.

In reply to Joshua Bragg

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

In that case, why is the student not using screen-reading software? Manually converting the writted text to voice is not necessary. (Writing good alt-text for the images is.)

In reply to Marla Robles

by Rob Johnson -

Hi Maria,

I suggest you look at some of the audio recording plugins like Poodll, Capture, and Record Audio.  It will make recording in quiz questions (and elsewhere) much more streamlined.

Rob