Total of grades pre-set to some number

Total of grades pre-set to some number

by Elena Ivanova -
Number of replies: 2

I cannot find an exact  question like this, so I am wondering if anyone saw the same. 
We have a quiz where "Total of grades" is stuck at some incorrect number in Moodle 2.2.7
There are MDL-32791 and MDL-29464 that look similar to the issue, but they are fixed.

Out of curiosity, I have removed all questions from the quiz, and the Total of grades is still there, and it not 0. If you copy the quiz or the course, the Total will remain at 15 in the copy as well.

total

The only solution I see is to rebuild the quizzes, but I am wondering if this is a new issue apart from the tracker items above?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Elena Ivanova

Re: Total of grades pre-set to some number

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Can you look in the database for the mdl_quiz.questions value, and the rows in mdl_quiz_question_instances that relate to your quiz.

From the screen grab, I would guess that mdl_quiz.questions is blank, or just '0', which is right, but there might be some old garbage rows in q_q_i. If so, you can safely delete those rows.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Total of grades pre-set to some number

by Elena Ivanova -

Thank you, Tim. We will take a look. 
I am starting to notice this issue in other installations, so  I am trying to figure out if there is something common going on there.