How can I have Activities (like a Glossary) in a block only - not in the course?

Re: How can I have Activities (like a Glossary) in a block only - not in the course?

by Gina Gwen -
Number of replies: 0

Original Question:

Using: Moodle 2.4.1

I have a course with a summary and a few topics underneath. I want to create a Glossary and two pages and put them in a sidebar to the right.

I don't want the Glossary or the two pages to appear as an activity in the course. They are just supplemental. Is there a way I can make this happen in a block?

I want to remove the activities from my topic and move them to a block.

Mary!

You are awesome! That worked and I have played around as a student and it doesn't seem to break it (or show up somewhere weird).

For those who may be reading this and aren't quite sure what was done:

1. I created another topic and added a new Glossary Activity (and two other pages that I needed).
  2. I then went to the Settings Block> Edit Settings and under the section: I reduced the Number of weeks/topics to one less.
  3. The Glossary (and the two other pages) are now considered Orphaned Activities.
  4. Then I created a block and added the code, did some CSS to make it look how I wanted and done!

Thanks to Kevin and Christian as well for their suggestions. Even if it didn't get me where I wanted I figured out out other things that I needed to get done!

May you all have all the chocolate you want and never gain an ounce!

-Gina

Attachment moodle6.jpg