Grades after upgrade (Moodle 2.4)

Grades after upgrade (Moodle 2.4)

by Karel Lipus -
Number of replies: 6

Hello, I have one problem with grading multichoice singleanswer questions. We would like to disable negative marks for answers and I used Tim's sql script for doing this. It changed our fractions for this type of questions.

But I'm still getting negative marks when attempting the quiz. I've checked our database and minfraction column in mdl_question_attempts is negative.

Could you please help me sorting out this issue? Thank you for your help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karel Lipus

Re: Grades after upgrade (Moodle 2.4)

by jaswanth krishna -

Why dont you set negitive points as no ,while setting the questions in the quiz ??

I do belive there is a option like that while creating the questions for the quizes .

Regards,

Jaswanth

In reply to jaswanth krishna

by Karel Lipus -

Thanks for your answer. But even when I'm creating a question manualy, I can't see this setting. There is only a Grade set to None and Penalty for each incorrect try (which shouldn't affect our grades)

In reply to Karel Lipus

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello can you give me a link to Tim's sql script that you used or copy it here ?

In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Karel Lipus -

Sure:

UPDATE mdl_question_answers
SET fraction = 0
WHERE fraction < 0 AND EXISTS (
    SELECT 1
    FROM mdl_question_multichoice
    WHERE mdl_question_multichoice.question = mdl_question_answers.question
        AND mdl_question_multichoice.single = 1
)

In reply to Karel Lipus

by Karel Lipus -

most of questions are graded right, but some of them are still graded with negative grades even if they have fraction=0

In reply to Karel Lipus

by Karel Lipus -

one more thing.. It is a problem with exact quizes, so it could be a matter of Moodle upgrade.

If I export the questions and import them to a new question category and quiz, they are graded correctly.

Do you really have no idea what could cause this issue? Thank you