This was very useful to me. I have two glossaries with 400 or something words made with WebCT and I don't know what I would have done with them unless I had't find these instructions...
I noticed though that I had to add (in the spreadsheet) the headers and data also for FORMAT, USEDYNALINK, CASESENSITIVE, FULLMATCH and TEACHERENTRY (these tags I got from the test glossary I exported from Moodle) in order to get the entries accepted but once I figured that out the importing of the entries worked very well. Even the original html tags (in the definition texts) for bold and italic work just fine also in Moodle, which was surprising.
My Excel-table (the first two rows) looks something like this...
I also had to edit the XML-file with Notepad, because I couldn't figure out how I could edit it with Word.. But that just because I'm used to writing html with Notepad and I don't quite know how to use Word for it.