I've just had to do some major work on some courses to tidy them up. Deleting a lot of files, re-ordering, uploading new stuff. Lots and lots of clicks. I often wonder if a separate interface is needed for this sort of actvity.
- Click "Manage section".
- Come to a screen with minimal frills, to enable lots of mass actions etc.
- View each item in the section with tick boxes, mass delete, quick moves etc. Labels in some kind of truncated form (ie not a whole label, embedded video links without the embedded link taking up space etc)
- One click to get to the description field.
- Bulk upload of files, with two small inline boxes to change name and description. Quick re-order.
- Button to say "Empty section of all material"
- Ability to add an item in the gaps. (Not just at the bottom and then to move it)
There is too much here to put on the regular interface for Editing on. Just a little more power is needed sometime.
- Click "Manage course"
- Show all sections in an abbreviated/collapsed form.
- Easy re-order.
- Easy Move to the bottom and hide.
- Easy inline editing of titles, one click to edit description.
I have just manually, individually deleted over 100 folders. I'm now going to abandon this post, and go back to what I should be doing.