Self enrol into a course without ... Moodle 2.4

Self enrol into a course without ... Moodle 2.4

by Heather P -
Number of replies: 2

In Moodle 2.4 I have self enrolment and manaul enrolment turned on. We also use LDAP. So a student can go to their required course and enrol themselves into it.

In Moodle 1.9 this happened automatically (mainly). The student did not have to actively seek out the 'enrol me' button. Can Moodle 2.4 do the same? I know my students won't find the button.

Thanks

Heather

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Heather P

Re: Self enrol into a course without ... Moodle 2.4

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Heather,

I don't remember self-enrolment being automatic in 1.9. Checking the docs I find it says 'By default, students can enrol themselves on whatever courses they choose. They do so by clicking on the course name then answering yes to the question "You are about to enrol yourself as a member of this course. Are you sure you wish to do this?"' (from http://docs.moodle.org/19/en/Internal_enrolment )

Moodle 2.4 is pretty similar. Instead of yes and no buttons there's an enrol button.

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Self enrol into a course without ... Moodle 2.4

by Heather P -

Ours generally did, but these were courses upgraded from as far back as Moodle 1.5 which possibly explains the few annomalies that didn't.

My issue is the fact that if you also heve manual enrolment turned on the user has to actively seek out the enrolment link somewhere down the left hand side, rather than it just being offered to them to accept as it is when only self enrolment is on the course.

So if you have navigation open and 10 topic boxes then the enrol button isn't even visible to them, it is too far down the screen.

Two thoughts there, is our install behaving as it is meant to in terms of self enrolment with manual enrolment. If it is can we drag the enrol link out of the settings and put it at the top of the screen somewhere. Anything to make it more obvious would be good.

Thanks 

Heather