General help

James Richardson
Re: Error Deleting Course

Hello John!

Have you tried deleting each section one at a time in the course to see which has the module that is causing the error? You may have a module in one of the course sections that is not working anymore causing the error. Removing one section at a time can narrow down which section may have the module causing the problem.

Best Regards,

James R

InMotion

Average of ratings: -
Picture of John Montgomery

Thank you for the reply.  When I go into the course I get an error that says "Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: PHP catchable fatal error".

I really just want to delete the whole course and not worry about it.  It is not a course we are using.  What concerns me is why this happened.  It was one I was just trying out and then decided to delete and start over.

Picture of Cameron Penna

You most likely have a 3rd party plugin that is not fully compliant with your version of moodle. I found this with one back when we were on moodle 2.2 the tab plugin.

So check your plugins and make sure they are 2.2+ compliant. You probably should update to 2.2.7 also 

Picture of John Montgomery

I am using a hosting providor that installed Moodle for us on their servers.  As far as I would understand it would be just a base install of Moodle, but maybe I am misunderstanding this.  How could I check if the plug-in's are compliant?