My first theme

My first theme

by Julian Ridden -
Number of replies: 20

I have just finished assembling my first theme and am interested in feedback.

It is based on the theme by Norberto Bezi  but has been completely recoded to allow for two variations. Thanks to Norberto for the inspiration (Im sure you will all note the similarities

First is a fixed width option that many of my teachers were asking for:
Fixed width option

and the second is a 100% width option
100 percent width

I have written the themes for 1.5

Should anyone be interested in these themes I am more than willing to share the files. Ill hopefully have them posted on this forum in the next day or so.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julian Ridden

Re: My first theme

by Norberto Bezi -

Is very very nice, I love blue webpages smile, but, maybe you can put some other color, because the moodle icons will contrast to much, or change the moodle icons, that's allways a good option.

Open this for a debate...

Must Moodle have a standard more design theme ? the eye is the first to buy...

--

Julian,

The 100% option for me is the best one, I don't use it because my bos like more the fixed one "because the information looks allways the some way and don't confuse the users" (textual words).

The footer pic we think to use to put news from the site forum, no to put moodle logo, but is a great idea to, I think I will use it for both ;).

About Moodle Icons, we though change it with all equals, because the stectic of the site get a big impact with all this litle icons all the way the web and anyone fit with background, think that option.

The site looks realy great and for us (coders and designers who work on it) is a great news inspire others, thanks.

Norberto

In reply to Norberto Bezi

by Julian Ridden -

Thanks for the comments so far.

Does anyone have a test server runing 1.5 they could volounteer to show themes on. Currently I do not have a test server I could demo with.

In reply to Norberto Bezi

by Md Azmir -
Hello,
Really nice theme.Where can I get the theme?

Thank you

by Bryan Williams -
Hi Julian,

Great work, this is a nice looking theme.  I'm sure others would find it helpful if you posted your theme so they could learn from your code.

by Josep M. Fontana -
Julian,

Can you include a URL for the site where you have implemented this theme?
The graphic file doesn't really allow me to appreciate what the new theme really looks like.

Josep M.
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

Re: My first theme URL

by Joyce Smith -

check Julian's profile , an 'Aussie' too big grin

very nice theme !!

by Julian Ridden -

I have sent tthe themes to Jeff so stay tuned for a demo site.

Fixed Width can be seen on our intranet page at http://www.monte.nsw.edu.au/~Moodle

Currently no guest access is enabled

I am assembling my psd files so that I can put up a zip file for download

by Joyce Smith -
Thank you Julian,
tested it on a localhost 1.5 dev , perfect no probs at all !!
(I'm no techo either !)
Joyce smile
In reply to Joyce Smith

by Ger Tielemans -

Really nice theme.

I did my personal 508 check and enlarged the fonts, works good, only the fonts in IE become very large!! On the frontpage the calendar pushes all the others away.

Can you give the fonts smaller enlarge steps?

by Nicolas Martin Berisso -

i don´t why i have this error  Module "mail" is not readable - check permissions... do you know what addon is it or i need to install

Thanks

In reply to Nicolas Martin Berisso

by Julian Ridden -

Ahh, my bad.

If you uploaded the images as well as the themes you wil note it uploads new icons to each of your modules folders.

if you just upload all it may be uploading and thus creating folders for modules you may not have installed.

It goes without saying that a folder in a module directory with only an icon.gif wont really work as a module.

ill be sure to ammend the install file to point this out. In the meantime delete the extra module folders you have created and all should be fine.

I hope that made sense

by Don Julio -
Just wondeing ..i have tested the theme with 1.4 version of moodle and the activities, and blocks and mostly all shows up in light green color (too bad), is this because the theme is strictly for Moodle 1.5?

The theme looks and gives a great feel. Fantastic Work!. Cant wait to test it.

Thank you, fellow moodlers.

Julio F.

In reply to Don Julio

by Julian Ridden -

To be honest I have only ever worked in the 1.5 dev environemnt with Moodle so am unsure on the differences between 1.4 and above.

needless to say have you got the new version from the clouds 2.0 thread. The first release had some real buggy css code.

by Will Muenchow -
The text for Main Menu, Administration, Calendar etc.. do not seem to fit right on their menus? They are half way between the top color bar and the white. Any ideas?

by Will Muenchow -
v2.0 and the rest do not work in Mozila or Firefox. All text moves from its assigned tables on the right side of hte screen and move to the right (middle of the screen).

by Sean S -
This is a really wonderful theme. Once 1.5 is fully released (when will that be?) I'll probably be using the fixed width theme.