Cannot backup calendar events

Cannot backup calendar events

by Rosa García -
Number of replies: 5

Version : Moodle 2.3.2+ (Build: 20121014)

To reproduce:

+ Access into a course
+ Create a course event in the calendar
+ Go to course administration and start a backup proccess
+ If you uncheck Include enrolled users, when you try to select Include calendar events is disabled, so events are not considered in backup (else you can check or uncheck calendar events)

I think that course events must be independent of enrolled users (like our previous version Moodle 1.8.10)

Anyone of you with the same problem?

Best regards
Rosa

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rosa García

Re: Cannot backup calendar events

by Rosa García -

Any thoughts?

Thanks ind advance

In reply to Rosa García

by Rosa García -

Hi there!

I've just updated my Moodle version (from an initial 2.3.2 to the latest 2.3.4 version, and after that to 2.4.1 version)

I still having the same problem: in course backup process, when you uncheck enrolled users you cannot include the course events that you have created (see the picture in the 1st post of this thread).

I think that these 2 features should be independent from each other

What is your opinion?

Some time ago I created this tracker : https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-37994

Please vote for it if you are agree with this matter

Best regards

In reply to Rosa García

by Rex Lorenzo -

Rosa, I linked your ticket to the original ticket for the implementation for the backup/restore of calendar events. I didn't know that calendar events aren't included if you don't also select user data.

Have you tried doing a course import? Are calendar events brought in then? Because the import feature isn't suppose to bring in user data, so I wonder if course calendar events would still be brought forward or not.

In reply to Rex Lorenzo

by Rosa García -

Hi Rex, thanks for your reply smile

I have tried to import a course (with course events) into a new one but occurs the same (no events are imported)

I really dont know why in Moodle 2.x is different from e.g. Moodle 1.8 (our previous Moodle version). In this version we used to create backups (without user info) with course events to deploy new courses with the same calendar schedule from a particular initial date.

I think this feature should be back with us ;)

Thanks again