Dark Blue - Blank pop-up info pages

Dark Blue - Blank pop-up info pages

by Graham Moir -
Number of replies: 7

Hello.  I am playing with the Dark Blue theme 2013011201 with Moodle 2.4.1+ and no customisations.    Overall I haven't encountered any issues.   However there's one small problem I think I've found, which I wanted to check is a buglet rather than me doing something wrong. 

On the front page I have courses within categories shown.  This format does not show the course summary just its title, but with Dark Blue it offers a round light blue information icon with a hint/tooltip of "Summary".  If you click on this a popup window appears using  ...../course/info.php?id=?????  where "?????" is the course number,  but the page is blank apart from one strip of colour across the top.   If I use say "Formal White" instead the popup has the correct content.   Buglet?   If so how do I report a theme issue?

thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Graham Moir

Re: Dark Blue - Blank pop-up info pages

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You can report it as an issue but not in Moodle Tracker as Dark Blue theme is not a core theme, it's a contributed theme and so you could try adding a comment in the Pulgins Directory where you downloaded the theme from originally.

HTH

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Graham Moir -

Thanks Mary

In reply to Graham Moir

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I found a couple of erros in the theme, which are perhaps adding to the problem.

One is the the parent names are the wrong way round and need swapping over.

Checkout this line in theme/darkb/config.php

It should read like so...

$THEME->parents = array('canvas', 'base');

Also if you look further down the page and find the $THEME->layouts for 'pop-up' you will find this line which is what's causing the problem...

'popup' => array(
        'file' => 'general.php',
        'regions' => array(),
    ),

It should actually look like this...

// Pages that appear in pop-up windows - no navigation, no blocks, no header.
    'popup' => array(
        'file' => 'general.php',
        'regions' => array(),
        'options' => array('nofooter'=>true, 'nonavbar'=>true, 'nocustommenu'=>true, 'nologininfo'=>true),
    ),

So if you can change those thing using Notepad, then you will probably find it will work better.

Don't forget to enable Theme Designer Mode befor you make any changes otherwise you will not see the changes.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Graham Moir -

Thanks Mary - that's a big improvement.  The pop-up now has some content, although there's now another slight formatting issue in the way the course headings are shown as you can see in the attached screenshot.  

Not expecting you to fix that though Mary,  it can wait for the theme owner.

Attachment dark blue popup format issue.png
In reply to Graham Moir

by John St -

For the h2, you can try 

#page-course-info h2.main {
    line-height12px;
    margin-bottom5px;
}

in core.css

Also, are you sure you are using the latest version? That info page displays fine for me without any changes. 
In reply to John St

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

John I d/loaded the latest version in the Plugin Directory before giving my take on the fix for the problem, as it's the same problem I am seeing too. There are some issues with the layouts in darkb/config.php also parent themes are back to front. Canvas should be listed before base in the array.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to John St

by Graham Moir -

I definitely have the latest version too, only downloaded it a couple of days ago.

I'll give your suggestion a try though, thank you !