Assignment grade code in moodle

Assignment grade code in moodle

by Pinki Naskar -
Number of replies: 10

I want to customize the code of update assignment grade in moodle.

I searched it in moodle/mod/assign/view.php page but could not find.

In which page I will get the code of assignment grade update? Please help me.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pinki Naskar

Re: Assignment grade code in moodle

by Damyon Wiese -

The function for this is in mod/assign/locallib.php.

You can probably do what you want without changing it though - if you provide some more information on what you are trying to acheive I might be able to point you in the right direction.

Regards, Damyon

In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Vicki Dunnam -

When grading an assignment, there is a place for "feedback comments"  however, this is a text box only.  What code can you use to make this feedback comment an HTML editor box for adding text?  Can you give me the file name or where I could research how to do this.

Thanks. 

In reply to Vicki Dunnam

by Damyon Wiese -

Hi Vicki,

I assume you are using an older version of the assignment module - the current version allows you to add HTML feedback by default. 

In the older versions it depended on which type of assignment subtype you were using - e.g. an onlinetext assignment would allow html feedback.

Regards, Damyon

In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Vicki Dunnam -

I am using Moodle version 2.3.3+.  You said it should give me the option to use the HTML editor.  Is there a setting in the admin that turns this feature on? 

In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Vicki Dunnam -

This assignment is not online text assignment but upload a file assignment.  I have researched the assignments under administration and cannot find where you can add the HTML editor to the assignment feedback comment box. 

In reply to Vicki Dunnam

by Damyon Wiese -

Hi Vicki,

The "upload a file assignment" is the older version of the assignment module that does not support this. 

It is listed as "Assignment 2.2" and your admin has the option to enable either the old one or the new one ("Assignment").

The new assignment has only one type and you can enable/disable and combination of submission types all at once.

Regards, Damyon

In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Vicki Dunnam -

In the feedback comment area, it just shows as a text box only so if I copy/paste from a table, it loses all the formatting.  However, in the gradebook, if you turn on the comments box and copy/paste, then it keeps all the formatting.  Looking at the 2 boxes, the text box in assignments is a "text only" box.  However, the comment box in gradebook uses the HTML editor to enter text.  I want to be able to have a HTML editor text box in the assignment feedback comment box.  Can you direct me how to do that?  Thanks so much!! smile 

In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Vicki Dunnam -

Here is what I posted on another forum... hope this helps.

In the Assignment module when grading an assignment and you have feedback comment set to yes. 

In the box, for the feedback comment... it looks to be a "textbox" so when I copy/paste a table for my comments, it only shows as text... removes all the table settings.

However, in the gradebook, if you have feedback comments turned on, and you copy/paste the table, in the user report, the table shows exactly the way it should.  Looks like the gradebook uses the HTML editor for the feedback.

Is there a way to have the feedback comment in assignments use the HTML editor so the copy/paste of tables would work? 

Here is sample image that shows the user report.  First assignment, feedback was entered using the assignment view grade.

the second assignment used the gradebook feedback comment area.

Attached is a screen shot.  This screen shot is the User Report in the gradebook.  You can see 2 assignments and how they display differently in the user report.  One comment area is a text only.  the other uses the HTML editor

In reply to Vicki Dunnam

by ben reynolds -

Vicki,

In upload assignment type, once you are in view/grade the assignment, in the edit column, click on the right arrow. Click on grade. You get the html editor in the feedback comments box.

this is on 2.4

In reply to ben reynolds

by George Bradford -

As an off-shoot question to this thread, is there a maximum number of chars (that would have to include html code) allowable in the comment field?

If there is, first, what is the max?

Second, is there a place where this max may be reset to a higher number? If so, where do I look?

Thanks!

Also, to Vicki,

Similar to what you want to do, I've created a grading worksheet in Excel that is pretty sophisticated. One of the things I have it do is take my feedback commentary and rubric scoring and turn it into an html string. Later, I upload the results into Moodle's gradebook - scores + comments that are pre-defined in HTML wrapping.

I prefer to grade off-line. Besides just preferring to do the work offline, I am working on developing a new type of student dashboard, and I want to see what type of information I need to stay ahead of students to improve the semblance that I am closely paying attention to them (part of an overall strategy to mimic how teachers know when something is going wrong with a student by noticing things). So one of the things I do is provide fairly rich feedback, and I do some of this with algorithms in Excel, which becomes HTML coded text in Moodle's comment field.

-George