Resource types

Me at work in My Studio
Re: Resource or Activity choice in a course not working

I have been doing some testing and I found the following:

I can onlycreate an Activity or Resource on the Home Page and not within a Course

When in a course and Activity Chooser is Off, the link on the right with +Add an Activity or Resource is not clickable.

When I change to Activity Chooser is On, the +Add an Activity or Resource disappears and I get the traditional two drop down menus to choose either from Activities or Resources.

Choosing from either of these yields nothing, nothing happens.

I am logged in as the Global Site Administrator

Only when I am on the Home Page, is the +Add an Activity or Resource link active within the Main Menu Block.

In a Course this link in the Main Menu block is not clickable.

Is this a Settings or permissions issue?

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Michael Pearce

Hi David,

I have the same issue - no option to add an activity from the course, only from the main menu.  

Did you find a solution for this?

Thanks, Michael.

Picture of Sakshi Goel
Group Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Hello Michael

What is your role on the front page and in the course, or you are a site administrator.

Picture of Michael Pearce

Hi Sakshi,

I am the site administrator.  I have now found out why I couldn't see the option to add an activity - I had restricted the "main menu" to only display on the front page, once I changed that I was able to add an activity to the course smile

My next problem is the certficate doesn't display to the student, either grayed out before the course or once they have completed it... the SCORM package appears in the Activities block but not the certificate.

Any thoughts..?

Picture of Sakshi Goel
Group Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Hi Michael

can you please attached the screenshot what you are getting and where it is greyed out. Have you added certificate in the course. Are you using completing tracking in your course. Please elaborate your problem little bit more.

Picture of jj baldwin

same issue here ? anyone know the fix ?