Send automatic email to students not finishing a course after some time

Send automatic email to students not finishing a course after some time

by stefano bonacina -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everybody

I have a need for which i have searched through the forum and module archive, without finding anything.

I need a way to notify students they should attend to a course and take the exam (answer to the final questions, which means they take the whould course) after some time has passed from the beginning of it.
For  example: the course starts on March, 1st. After 2 weeks, I need to send an email to all the students who didn't finish it yet. 

The course is a SCORM packages containing the questions and the grades are given to moodle.

DOes anybody have any advice?

Thanks for your attention

Best regards

stefano

Average of ratings: -
In reply to stefano bonacina

Re: Send automatic email to students not finishing a course after some time

by oliver tahir -

Hello stefano are u italian?so we can speak in italian and help each other,anyway do you find what u're are looking for,because i need the same thing.Thanks Oliver

In reply to oliver tahir

by stefano bonacina -

Hi Oliver

sure, I'm italian.

I didn't find anything about this issue, up to now.

I'll check the italian part of the forum too: talk to you there!

Ciao

stefano

In reply to stefano bonacina

by Alexandro Colorado -

I am not sure I can give you a solution out of the box, but you could schedule notifications in ways like 'private calendar' to review students atendance.

Moodle has good analytics in measuring student activity (or lack there of) so having a weekly 'manual' check up would be a first step before automating the solicitation.

I am sure the Moodle API have some 'event based' alerts to manage classroom.  Doing some googling I found the following:
http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Events_API#Users

Another item is the use of messaging in moodle which has also been revamped and now is event_driven as well.
http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Messaging_2.0#Enhanced_messaging_system