Viewing PDFS on phones and Tablets

Viewing PDFS on phones and Tablets

by Joshua Pikka -
Number of replies: 3

Hello

I'm not sure if this is the right place or not, but I have noticed some inconsistencies in viewing PDFs on Moodle. 

The problem is that while some PDFs display normally on tablets and phones, others appear to be only a zoomed out screen shot of a PDF. 

We are using 1.9 so I can't use the mobile app to view the site, but while using a desktop I can tell the difference between how moodle shows PDFs that will display normally on devices, and those that won't.  I have tried different broswers on these devices, but those do not effect the problem. 

I think the difference between the PDFs that show normally and those that don't are the way that they are made.  For example, all PDFs that are made from PowerPoint slide display fine, but I think some of the word documents are the ones that are giving us trouble. 

Does anyone have any idea of how I can view these PDFs on tablets or phones? 

Thank You

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joshua Pikka

Re: Viewing PDFS on phones and Tablets

by Joshua Holden -

We had a similar issue but it turned out to be how the file was set to display, e.g. "Embed" vs. "Pop-up".  We are using 2.4; I don't know if there are similar settings in 1.9 but if there are you might try changing them.