Install to Local Drive C:

Install to Local Drive C:

by John Lehmus -
Number of replies: 3

Good Day,

To maintain our compliance training audit trail, we have installed moodle to a local C: Drive. We have also extracted a full moodle data backup and copied over the folder named moodledata including all sub-folders from the restore location to the local C: Drive location: C:\MoodleWindowsInstaller-latest-19\server\moodledata

Even though we have confirmed the location settings in config.php we are not seeing either the courses or the users. Can you help us?

I believe we are using moodle version 1.9

Much Appreciated,

John

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Lehmus

Re: Install to Local Drive C:

by Peter Bowen -

Hi John,

Did you backup the SQL Database and restore to your local system as well? This is where the all important user and course information is.

Cheers
Peter

In reply to Peter Bowen

by John Lehmus -

Feb. 20, 2013

Thank you, Peter, for your offer to assist.

I am not familiar with all of the Moodle-Speak to use, so I have attached a Word document with screen shots of both the Moodle (full) data restore and the Windows (run-time) install. Hope those images will help answer your questions.

Essentially, our Moodle contract ended and we asked for, and received, a full data backup of all Moodle users, courses & test history. We wanted to have a local run-time version so that we would have an archive for any future audit requests for the annual compliance trainings - dates, scores, test questions, related course materials, etc.

Cordially, John

In reply to John Lehmus

by Peter Bowen -

Hi John,

OK - so it looks like the SQL files are there - the Martinsp_moodle.sql file. This needs to be imported into SQL. I am not a MS SQL guru, but I know on MYSQL I essentially execute the file as an SQL script - and it creates the database if it doesn't exist, and clears and restores each table.

Cheers
Peter