Course backup fails on SOME courses

Course backup fails on SOME courses

by Tim Lovett -
Number of replies: 2

Moodle 2.4.1

I have courses imported from Moodle 2.2.1 (another site) and they worked fine in my new M2.4.1 site, until...

Course backups.

Some courses work and some don't. The ones that fail get to the last step, "Perform Backup" and then fall over with an...

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@learneasy.info and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Lovett

Re: Course backup fails on SOME courses

by Tim Lovett -

Hmmm. And when I remove (uncheck) stuff like "blocks" and things (I really only want quiz results), I got a successful backup.

In the next screen that lists the backup files, the previous (default) backup was there! After downloading and restoring that previous one in another Moodle site it seemed to work fine. So is Moodle throwing the error even though the backup file was written OK??? Sure looks like it to me.

In reply to Tim Lovett

Re: Course backup fails on SOME courses

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Can you set Debugging to DEVELOPER level and try again. That should produce a more informative error message.