HELP: Course summery does not display

HELP: Course summery does not display

by Vladimir ZH -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

The "course summery" dissapears at the end of page load. I have no idea why. Any Idea?

Please Help!

Attachment courseSummery.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vladimir ZH

Re: HELP: Course summery does not display

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

The course summary uses TinyMCE editor - which is javascript.

Since you've not mentioned any specifics to your server setup (OS, hosted locally or remotely - provider, browser you used, etc.) thus the following is general suggestions:

check /moodle/lib/editor/tinymce directory to see if it's there.  Also check ownerships/permissions on lib directory and it's contents.

Turn on debugging and see what Moodle complains about.

Also, Moodle 2.3 and 2.4 now has a cache (Moodle Universal Cache - ie 'muc').  One could try clearing all caches - including muc's cache as well as browser cache.  Site Admin Menu - search for 'cache' easiest way to find those 'purge cache' buttons in Moodle.

Also, one could load up FireBug in FireFox.  Launch FireBug then hit the site and go to a course and edit the settings.  FireBug might provide some insight.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Vladimir ZH -

Ken,

Thank you for your help.

my Moodle ver 2.4+. All the browses haму this issure.

I have unchecked Cache Javascript (cachejs) and it started appeating fine.
so, i think that it is not a good idea to have "Cache Javascript" disabled, right? so maybe another way to make it work?

In reply to Vladimir ZH

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

If all browsers have this issue, then sounds like clearing server caches and getting them to re-generate is what one needs to do - not disable cache javascript (server or browser).  Guess it depends upon still known-factors.  One of the reasons for MUC was to reduce the number of hits and traffic on Moodle sites.  This is Moodle's first year at MUC so am sure some documentation and some 'best practices' might be able to clarify in the near future (I hope).

'spirit of sharing', Ken