Anyone Plz Help Me Installing Latex

Anyone Plz Help Me Installing Latex

by Raj Guru -
Number of replies: 7

Hi All

I have installed Moodle on Shared Webhosting Account from cPanel as mydomain.com/moodle

While creating Mathematics courses, I need to use Latex. Currently I am using Mimtex. I have changed permission of respective file in filters/tex from 0644 to 0755. (Will this impact site security?)

Anyone can help me to install Latex on the server? There are two cross in Tex Notation Filter. So I guess this means latex binary files are not there.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Raj Guru

Re: Anyone Plz Help Me Installing Latex

by Gunnar Restorff -

One thing which is quite easy and doesn't need you install anything on the server is to use mathjax. You only need to put a small code snipped into the HEAD part of html.

In reply to Gunnar Restorff

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

I really think that Gunnar is right and that MathJax is the way to go

And this is even more evident if your Moodle is hosted on a shared server because Mathjax files will not come from your server but from cdn.mathjax.org.

The quality of the formulas with MathJax is also a lot better than with mimetex.

In reply to Gunnar Restorff

by Raj Guru -

Hi

Thanks for quick reply.

Can you provide the code and file where to put the code. Any link with step by step procedure?

Thanks

In reply to Raj Guru

by Marc Grober -

No, as the docs indicate, the red x means that moodle can't find the pertinent binary. I suggest you address the ifs and wheres to you webhost or edit AdditionalHtml as suggested (and add the refs to jsxgraph while you are at it. There are limits to what mathjax can do, so if you need to you can always to a texlive install on your share and make use of it (though note that the tex filter has not been upgraded to take full advantage of texlive

In reply to Marc Grober

by Raj Guru -

Hi

Thanks for quick reply.

Can you guide me how to install texlive on shared webhosting?

I desperately need some good help!

In reply to Raj Guru

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Raj, what have you found out so far about installing texlive on shared hosting?