Quiz Question display

Quiz Question display

by Tee Prescott -
Number of replies: 8

Hi all

Just wondering how I can change the quiz question display so that the question text starts at the top of the form, rather than all this wasted space at the top.  See attached screen image for clarification.  

Cheers Tee.

Attachment quiz display.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tee Prescott

Re: Quiz Question display

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It should start at the top.

Which version of Moodle are you using? Which web browser are you using?

I assume the blank space is not there when you are editing the question.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Tee Prescott -

I have tried both IE7 and Google Chome - both display the same.  I have double checked all setting but there appears to be nothing that fixed it.

I am using Moodle 2.2.

In reply to Tee Prescott

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello Tee,

Are you using a custom theme ? If yes can you try the standard theme to see if the problem is still there ?

Also do you have this problem with all questions or only with some of them ?

In reply to Tee Prescott

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It is odd that this happens in Chrome too. There is a classic Internet Explorer bug that causes this sort of result, but it can't be that.

If you are using Moodle 2.2, then the obvious thing to try is to upgrade, to at least 2.2.7, but better 2.4.1.

In reply to Tee Prescott

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Apart from the blank space at the top of your question text I notice that the question text and the answers texts are all in italics.

Did you actually type the question text in the question editing HTML editor field OR was that text copied & pasted from your Word processor or some other source?

I suspect the latter, which means you have unwittingly brought over some hidden formatting into your question text, which results in the problem displayed.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Tee Prescott -

Hi thanks for your response.

i have doubled check the HTML code - there is no additional coding that might be casuing the issue.

Attachment display error.jpg
In reply to Tee Prescott

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I notice on this screenshot that everything is in italics. This is really weird. As Jean-Michel asked, are you using a custom theme? Try switching to the standard theme to see if it solves your problem.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Tee Prescott -

I think we have a stadnard theme and yes it is happening to all questions.

Guess it is one for our developers to resolve...

thanks for your help.

Tee.